Application User Support
For our client active in insurance sector and located in the center of Brussels, we are looking for an experienced Application User Support.
The User Support is responsible for assisting users of the applications delivered by the Technology department and offering them application advice adapted to their context.
- You will oversee monitoring and following up intensively on the management of tickets to respect the SLAs with the business colleagues with BI reporting.
- You will also be responsible for the management of new applications or major upgrades delivered in production with a handover process, creation of user manuals.
- Provide functional support for standard application usage issues delivered by the Technology department based on procedures provided by the Business Analysts or Key User Business
- When taking over a new application (or major update), the user support must obtain the necessary validations and the organisational prerequisites are respected.
- Must first be able to understand the customer's needs, to respond to them with a solution adapted to the requester.
- Contribute to the definition of the test strategy by providing input for acceptance tests
- Ensure the handover process in application delivery and production with the Run teams and communicate across the business.
- Maintains the application documentation, considering the impact of current developments (documentation for use by the User Support teams and users)
- Ensures post-production application support (after-care) to guarantee an increase in competence and an optimal transfer to the Run teams.
- Carry out minor functionality changes with limited impact and risk and configuration actions that do not require development, based on procedures and documentation provided by the Maintenance team.
- Transfer other types of change requests to the Maintenance team.
- The spirit of synthesis and rigor are qualities that are inseparable from the analysis and conceptualization phases. In addition to this, a quality of empathy with the future users is required, allowing the development of a truly functional process.
- By virtue of its position as an application contact point, provides a level of assistance for application malfunctions that are communicated to it by the External Helpdesk or directly by users.
- Carries out a rapid but complete analysis of these malfunctions and identifies application anomalies.
- Qualifies incidents and, based on information from the knowledge base, resolves them.
- If necessary, transfers them to a higher level of support.
- Manage major P1 incidents as part of the crisis process a-z
- Contributes to the writing of user documentation: quick start guide, development of FAQ, procedure and/or troubleshooting articles
- With the Business Analyst, produces training materials and co-delivers specific training following projects with communication and pedagogical skills that are necessary during the training phases of the various employees who will use the new functionalities.
- Identifies specific training needs based on interactions with users and initiates training campaigns in agreement with his/her management
Skills and experience related to the role
- Preferably 3 to 5 years’ experience in user application support.
- Experience in the financial sector (banking and/or insurance) is an asset.
- You speak Dutch and/or French with a basic knowledge of the other language. You have a good level in English.
- Ability to present the results of your activities and those of your colleagues in a clear, structured and concise manner in order to facilitate decision making
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to objectify and analyses end-user requests quickly.
- Customer focus: you think in terms of solutions for the customer and translate them into your activities.
- Collaborative: you like to work in a team, listen to others and work with others, regardless of organisational affiliation, to achieve common goals.
- Quality awareness: you are committed to quality and continuous improvement in your work.
- You will be part of our typical and specific corporate culture: our employees and former employees appreciate the positive and pleasant atmosphere and the collegial approach.
- You will work in their characteristic buildings easily accessible by public transport (train, metro, bus) in the heart of Brussels, Grand-Place district 400 m from the central station. A short walk of a few minutes.
- You will receive an indefinite contract. In addition, you can count on an attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurance, and as an appreciation for the work accomplished, various tailor-made bonuses.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through our wide range of training courses.
- Our client attaches great importance to a good work-life balance for its employees.
- Conclusion: a job within our client is a guarantee for your happiness at work.