Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
They are active in the financial industry.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
Their culture is centered around sharing which is fundamental to their cooperative organization.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea’s, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,…).
Last year the company noticed that they need to invest more in digitalization to stay interesting and relevant for their clients.
Therefore they would like to launch a lot of new projects that will lead the company in the digital era.
In order to strengthen our "Technology" department, we are currently looking for a
IT architect (m / f)
Under the coordination of the Enterprise Architect, you will be responsible for setting up, piloting and leading initiatives aimed at establishing and integrating enterprise architecture throughout the organization. You will actively participate in the promotion of 'Agile' and 'DevOps' approaches.
The main tasks will be as follows:
- Take the initiative to establish common and global strategies in terms of architecture and technology, as well as 'best practices' throughout the organization, taking into account budget limits.
- Work with IT technology teams to help them implement a forward-looking product-centric strategy, leveraging existing components while dramatically improving product turnaround time through reuse.
- 'Inside look': continuous assessment of our internal technology landscape: do we use or create IT solutions with technologies and models that are ready for the future?
- 'Outside look': exploration of the external technological landscape in terms of emerging technologies, models and solutions that can be beneficial for the technological and architectural framework and therefore for our internal and external clients;
- Master the global architecture: business, application and technological level. Be able to rely on this architecture to make good decisions or help others to be able to make decisions accordingly
- Collaborate and be the SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) also for Business stakeholders: understand the business requirements, the 'why' (business case included) and be able to discuss and explain our architecture and our IT solutions.
You will work within the “IT Driven Solutions” team, but will have to lend a hand to other teams using the same technologies.
In your function you will report to the manager of the “IT Driven Solutions” team and transversally you will be part of the community of architects led by the Enterprise Architect.
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or similar.
- You are expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable micro-services focused on the cross-platform / hybrid 'cloud' domain (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS) using an API Gateway.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar function.
- You are fluent in French and / or Dutch both orally and in writing, and you have a very good command of English.
- You are customer-oriented, think in terms of solutions and include your work in a real quality approach.
- Before being a job, IT in the broad sense is a passion for you.
- You will be part of our typical and specific corporate culture: our employees and former employees appreciate the positive and pleasant atmosphere and the collegial approach.
- You will work in our characteristic buildings in the heart of Brussels, near the Grand-Place and the central station.
- You will receive an indefinite contract. In addition, you can count on an attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurance, and as an appreciation for the work accomplished, various tailor-made bonuses.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through our wide range of training courses.
- Conclusion: a job with our client is a guarantee for your happiness at work!