Linux System and Network Engineer
We work together with a company in the area of Charleroi which is a market leader in their domain who likes to innovate their products and services with the latest technologies.
To keep on innovating, they are in need of a Linux System and Network engineer that will work with voice and mobile technologies.
Your main challenge
In this position, you will be responsible for the administration of operations, management and development of the IT infrastructure in a Linux environment for voice and mobile technologies.
The network engineer (Voice and Mobile solutions) is responsible for the following tasks:
- Daily operations and administration of the core network: incident management, change management, service requests (B2B and B2C), capacity planning
- Participation in the implementation of the core network evolution strategy: planning, conceptualization and development of the service infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring, administration and maintenance of infrastructure and services
- Develop and maintain reports related to infrastructures and services: metrics collection, storage, consolidation and reporting (KPIs included)
- Support for voice and mobile services
- Identify areas for improvement, propose and implement changes and improvements in terms of quality and reliability of services
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Experience in Linux system administration and operations
- Good knowledge of networks (TPC, IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, load balancing, switching)
- Skills in scripting : Bash, Python, PHP
- Knowledge of the infrastructure of virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- Database administration: Microsoft SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra
- Experience in deploying open source software solutions
- Knowledge or experience in one or more telephony technologies is a plus: mobile networks, VoIP, etc.
- Microsoft Office, Visio.
Soft skills and Languages
- Attentive to quality
- Team player and able to work independently
- A strong sense of integrity, responsibility and initiative
- Structured, methodical and meticulous
- Project and results oriented
- Eager to learn new technologies with a passion for telecommunications
- Organized and multitasking
- Good communication skills: able to work collaboratively with internal or external resources (client, suppliers, colleagues)
- Fluent knowledge and mastery of French and English
Our client can offer you
- A challenging position in a constantly evolving sector that anticipates future technological challenges.
- A company that focuses on the entrepreneurial spirit. Our client wants to ally itself with passionate employees who have a sense of initiative.
- A company that promotes a collaborative culture, teamwork and offers a pleasant professional environment. Our client seeks cooperation between its employees, stimulating positive energy but also humor and lightness.
- An attractive salary package with CDI that matches your skills.
- Possibilities to further advance your skills and career within the company through training and internal mobility
Interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Don’t hesitate and apply now!