For one of our clients, an international company active in the financial sector and part of a multinational leader in the energy sector at worldwide level, we are currently looking for a UNIX/LINUX System Engineer for its headquarter located in Brussels.
As a UNIX/LINUX System Engineer you will report to the IT Manager. You will manage the infrastructure that supports the corporate payments applications.
- Daily management of the Linux OS platform, the Oracle database (maintenance work), the IBM application and integration middleware, and specific Enterprise Java-based applications (releases and support).
- Continuous improvement of the infrastructure components in terms of availability and security, and maintain of the updated documentation.
- Installation and configuration of the new complete infrastructure Clear 2 Pay (installation, testing, maintenance, optimizing).
- This role requires mandatory experience with:
- Linux/Unix servers at administrator-level, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Java application servers at administrator-level, preferably IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Oracle Databases at DBA-level (at junior level)
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Message Oriented Middleware, preferably IBM MQ
- Experience with VMware ESXi
- Experience with scripting languages and/or automation tools
- Fluency in French (written and spoken) is required combined with a good knowledge of English.
- Team worker with good communication skills; able to integrate a small and collaborative team.
- Responsible and committed to work.
- Able to work under time pressure.
- Organisational skills.
Working hours: 37 h/week (8:30-17:00) + several evening/week-end activities.
- meal vouchers: 8 EUR/working day
- 31 vacation days (20 legal + 11 extra-legal) + bank holidays
- group Insurance AG
- health Insurance DKV (hospitalization, outpatient treatments, dental costs, “Plan Horizon”)
- insurance against accidents at work extended to privacy
- travelling expenses: annual public transport ticket reimbursed 100%