For one of the biggest international IT company we are looking for a Project Technical Lead. They are known for delivering consultancy services to their clients and partners active in different sectors.
eDelta is an application within the MOW department of the Flemish Government. Government contracts are registered and monitored in eDelta (Oracle DB). Both the preparation of a quote, the tendering of the contract and the monitoring of deliverables are entered into this system/platform.
Location: Mechelen or Brussels depending on the project.
As a project team lead, you will liaise between product owner/project manager and the design and development team. You lead the development team, ensure through proper work preparation and preliminary research that your team functions effectively and you also co-develop our digital products. As tech lead, you are responsible for (technical) design, technology choices, estimates for realization, and coaching and training other developers. As tech lead, you also have an important share and voice in our company-wide portfolio and roadmap of technology.
Our Agile team consists of developers, UX designers, testers and project/product managers. Together, they design a tight user experience, develop the technical platform and stay involved for further development, support and maintenance. You will be part of such a project team, which takes care of the realization according to a planned sprint rhythm. You will work together with your fellow technical leads, senior developers and the customer on a daily basis to realize expansions of current environments and apps, and to add new ones.
New people bring experience and also fresh insights in terms of working methods, tools, processes or how we position ourselves as a company. We are eager to hear your wishes, ideas and input! We like to involve you in initiatives we or you want to start. We share knowledge weekly in our company update. You get time, budget and guidance to work on your own development and participate in chapters and guilds for knowledge building or your own products.
- Academic Bachelor or Master’s Degree in applied computer sciences, applied informatics or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with large business critical applications.
- technical skills
- writing skills
- communication skills
- negotiation skills
- team leading skills
- Back-end: Java SE / Java EE (CDI, JPA, EJB, Servlets…) / Junit Mockito / SOAP / REST / Spring / Spring Boot / Hibernate / Application Servers (Tomcat, NGINX…), AWS
- Databases: MySQL / Oracle SQL / PostgreSQL
- Tools: IntelliJ / Maven / Git / Postman / Docker / Jenkins / Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) / Terraform / Ansible / Slack
- Methodologies: Scrum / Kanban / Test-driven development / Pair programming / Automated CI / Unit testing
Language requirements: fluent (oral and written) in Dutch and English.
- Total compensation package including fringe benefits and flexibility.
- A company that values innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability.
- You immediately start on customer’s payroll with long term perspective.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply via this vacancy!