Project Manager (Infrastructure)
Our client is a large company whose aim is to improve the lives of several thousand people in Brussels. They are currently in transition and are looking for experienced profiles to lead their numerous projects.
As Project Manager (Infrastructure) you will join the Digital Business Solutions (DBS). DBS is the IT department which supports all the company's business activities. It enables them to run efficiently and to develop. It ensures that the company has an autonomous IT system, in line with its changing needs and technologies.
The IT Production Department within DBS is responsible for:
Infrastructure activities, which include everything related to the management of the IT infrastructure (networks, datacenter management, operations and monitoring of systems, workspace management, end-user support, management of technological innovation, etc.);
IT Operations activities, which include tasks specific to the management of application chains (integrations, application deployments, application monitoring, incident management)
The department deploys projects to consolidate, evolve and secure the IT infrastructure (network, servers, OS, middleware, end points, etc.) and has a team of IT project managers to manage them.
For key projects, they are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager:
The Project Manager IT Infrastructure manages projects aimed at creating, adapting or deploying our infrastructures supporting information system. In this capacity, you will manage, supervise and coordinate all project activities by defining, supervising and respecting the scope, planning and budget.
In particular, during the project preparation phase:
- You identify the stakeholders.
- You specify the scope and deliverables as well as the standards, methods, processes and tools.
- you define a schedule and a budget
During the execution phase:
- you identify and manage project risks and issues
- You identify changes, analyses their impact and implement actions to be taken
- you communicate to stakeholders allocate and monitor the tasks of the project team members
- you manage human and technical resource requirements
- you apply the methods, processes and tools determined in the project plan
- you ensure compliance with production constraints
During the closing phase you ensure the transfer of project knowledge to ensure "business as usual" continuity for all parties affected by the project
- You are an academic with an IT, economic, industrial or scientific background
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the same or a similar function
- You have experience in the application of project management processes and methods (planning, budget, indicators)
- You have a good knowledge of IT infrastructure management in the broadest sense and more specifically of technical software platforms (virtualization, workplace, cloud, hybrid-cloud, etc.) and hardware’s (servers, storage)
- You are fluent in French and ideally in Dutch and have a knowledge of professional technical English
- Key competencies: flexibility, stress resistance, customer and result orientation, communication, good analytical and critical thinking skills, assertiveness, organisational and planning skills, pragmatism and reactivity, ability to listen, interest in teamwork
- A meaningful job, serving the city and its inhabitants in a constantly evolving sector of activity
- Quality and rewarding training, as well as career opportunities
- A dynamic work environment, in the heart of Brussels, where the safety of all, employees and inhabitants, is a top priority
- A healthy work-life balance (possibility of teleworking, etc.)
- An advantageous financial and extra-legal package (company car and petrol card, mobile phone, internet costs, representation allowance, 33 days’ vacation, luncheon vouchers, insurances…)