For one of the biggest international IT company we are looking for motivated/passionate starters in Java development. They are known for delivering consultancy services to their clients and partners active in different sectors.
Location: Mechelen or Brussels depending on the project.
- Delivering assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of an application development project. Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications; performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program.
- You will be working under supervision from the Technical lead/Project Manager or a Senior Developer to accomplish assigned tasks. At the same time contribute a design for specific deliverables and assist in the development of technical solutions.
- Job duties will include design, development and testing, using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Help maintain a rigorous software build and testing framework for continuous building and testing the developed software and keep track of failed builds or build issues.
- Prepare software technical documentation based on functional documentation and specifications, taking into account any specified functional and technical requirements.
- You will be part of a fast growing and exciting division whose culture is entrepreneurial, professional, rooted in teamwork and innovation.
- You will participate as part of a team and maintain good relationships with team members and customers.
- You are expected to work within an international environment, using a broad set of technologies and frameworks.
- Academic Bachelor or Master Degree.
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in Java/J2EE development.
- Functional/technical experience with Java/J2EE application development technologies and tools such as: Java, WebLogic Application Services, Wicket/HTML, Hibernate, Oracle Database/SQL, Maven, Sonar, Spring, XML/XSD, Web services, Junit/Mockito, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, etc.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies such as: OO, UML, Agile Development, SCRUM, Unit-testing, etc.
- You have the ability to implement user-friendly product functionality, with an eye for design, performance, and overall user experience, taking advantage of your solid Java development knowledge.
- Focus on code quality (reuse, adhere to standards, etc.).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Be able to establish and document the impact and risks of code changes and new code implementations.
- Java certification is a plus.
- Language requirements: fluent in Dutch (oral and written) and English.
- Total compensation package including a company car, insurances, retirement programs and more.
- A company that values innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability.
- You immediately start on customer’s payroll with long term perspective and growth possibilities.
Interested in this opportunity?
Send your latest resume and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org