Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup – a world leader in employment services for over 70 years. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day. This is why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart. Experis IT specializes in recruitment and selection of IT profiles.
For our client, located in Antwerp, we are looking for a front-end software engineer.
In this position, you will be responsible for implementing new features and maintaining our existing front-end application written in Vaadin. You have a broad knowledge of development methods and standards, architecture, and technologies in Java and JEE. You can develop a technical implementation plan and successfully complete this plan within the timeframes. This position requires you to be able to think outside the box to handle challenges.
- Implementation of new features for existing Vaadin application
- Maintenance of current applications written in JAVA
- Implementing new services in our micro-services infrastructure
- Producing code according to an agile development process
- 3+ years of documented experience as JAVA Developer
- Knowledge of VAADIN framework is a big plus
- Experience with object-oriented methods for analysis and development
- Knowledge of Java spring framework
- Familiar with concepts such as XML, SOAP, REST and JSON
- Knowledge of development tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Sonar
- Knowledge of Docker is a plus
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or similar
Strong communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative team environment, excellent worth ethic, attention to detail; exceptional analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests; enthusiasm for continual learning.