Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup – a world leader in employment services for over 70 years. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day. This is why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart. Experis IT specializes in recruitment and selection of IT profiles.
For our client, located in the region of Antwerp, we are looking for a
FIELD SYSTEM ENGINEER
As Technical System Engineer you will join the deployment & support team and work closely together with the Project Manager to deliver our solution on time to our customers. You will receive training to master our hardware products and there is a possibility to be trained in our software (Redhat backend server).
During the deployment phase you will be responsible to prepare the project and deploy our hardware solutions at the customers location. Depending on the scale of the project you will be preforming all electrical changes yourself or instruct local technicians. Additionally, you will be testing all the equipment and assist the customer with the startup of the system. You will be involved in these projects from start to end to achieve a successful installation.
Together with the support team you will supporting our existing install base. You will be reporting into the Deployment and Support Manager.
An additional and optional growth path exist in our software team which will allow for even more job variation.
The complexity of our systems requires a proven ability to maintain calm under pressure and present a confident and professional demeanor amidst high stress situations and demonstrate confidence with our Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will join the Deployment and Support department for terminal automation systems.
- Perform onsite implementations and support of our automation systems and hardware devices.
- Preparation, commissioning, configuring and testing of our automation devices and installations.
- Duplicating problems in-house and provide documentation for our hardware development team locate in Orlando.
- Testing hardware changes after delivery from the development department.
- Update electrical drawings after project completion.
- Work with the support team to provide technical advice to resolve problems.
- Optional: master our software and assist customers with software issues on top of the hardware problems/implementations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Electrical knowledge (measuring, electrical wiring, troubleshooting signals)
- Electromechanical knowledge (regulating control valves and pumps)
- SEE Electrical or similar drawings programs
- Very strong mastery of the English and Dutch language.
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems and programming
- Knowledge of French/German.
The following soft skills are required:
- Hands-on mentality.
- Strong analytic and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrable sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- The ability and will to learn and grow.
- Proactive communication with customers and internal Toptech personnel.
- No 9 to 17 mentality.
- Will require travel that includes domestic and international trips to existing customer sites, potential new opportunities and our remote office in the US.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimal a professional bachelor degree or equivalent in experience.
- Open-ended contract.
- Salary commensurate with the level of education and experience.
- Company car.
- Thirteenth month
- Meal vouchers and insurances.
- Coaching and training for personal improvement.
- Medical Insurance.
- Working in a young dynamic team in a growing company with a solid reputation which is leader in its segment.
- Very divers job content.
- Growth opportunities in our Software and Hardware branch.