Senior Cloud Engineer Windows
Our partner located in East-Flanders is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer Windows to strengthen their team. A good level of Dutch & English are mandatory, both oral and written.
As an Engineer with expertise in Windows, Azure, AWS or VMWare, together with the Operations Team you will be managing business-critical (web) applications such as e-commerce websites, SAAS applications, etc. on a variety of Cloud platforms.
- You will be using our internal monitoring and ticketing platform to track customer environments.
- You will work on proactive actions to keep the number of incidents that impact our customers as few as possible.
- When incidents nevertheless do occur, you will resolve them as quickly as possible, either independently or together with the team.
- You will support our customers and their partners in their deployment processes in terms of their requirements at infrastructure and platform level, and in the tools for automated deployments.
- You will support migrations
- You will be able to further explore all the technologies we work with (see below) and you will have the opportunity to specialise in those technologies you find most interesting
- You will assist your pre-sales colleagues when they get new technology requests from our customers
Who are we looking for?
You have at least 4 years of experience in following technologies:
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following:
- Microsoft-flavored OSs and its secrets
- Advanced knowledge on one or more of the following frameworks, middleware and application servers running on Windows:
- Application servers (.NET framework, …)
- Advanced knowledge on one of the following essential platform supporting technologies:
- DNS application servers (Active Directory DNS, …)
- Experience in Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge about automating deployment and configuration of the above with tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Preferably an understanding of the concepts continuous integration and continuous deployment as well as the platforms and tools used to accomplish this:
- Containerization platforms (Windows server containers, … )
- Knowledge of one of the following:
- Clustering technologies (Microsoft Cluster, SQL Availability Groups, …)
- First steps taken or strong interest in Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon’s AWS frameworks
- Understanding Linux-based environments, and accepting that the world is more than Windows, is a nice to have
- You understand the OSI layer model and have a basic understanding of networking
Our partner offers a competitive salary package with extra legal advantages. Apply online and we get in touch.