Organisation context and main job purpose :
To strengthen our local IT Infrastructure team at Evere, we are looking for a motivated IT Service Desk Officer (m/w).
The Job holder will be part of a small service desk team responsible for providing technical support for end-users and maintenance of the equipment available to them. On-site, the team manages all incidents, problems and service requests but also maintains and troubleshoots the local infrastructure equipment and systems.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities :
- Deliver locally all IT Infrastructure services (Administration and optimization of Windows clients, servers, Local network, VoIP telephony, smartphones and peripherals / Active Directory / Security …).
- Rollouts of new hardware and software standards,… with SCCM.
- Handling IMACs for the first and second level of support of the entire IT infrastructure area.
- Support the end users for all infrastructure and applications incidents, problems and changes.
- Document and tracking of all tasks in a ticketing system.
- Analyse customer complaints and recurrent incidents and propose solutions or areas for improvement.
- Analyse customer change requests and implement standard solutions.
- Deliver global standards and ensure adoption
- Contribute to actions to optimize the service desk processes.
- Contribute to the implementation of new IT solutions/services/changes.
- Manage local administrative tasks and documentation
- Maintain close relationships with internal customers.
- Participate in various IT Infrastructure projects.
Key skills and knowledge required :
- High degree in computer and science or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a IT Service Desk support function.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Office applications.
- Excellent working knowledge/experience with workstations, laptops, printers, VoIP phones, smartphones…
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012/2016, VMWare ESXi 6, SCCM, Active Directory, Storage and Backups.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes.
- General knowledge in networks to include basic TCP/IP understanding, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with MITEL telephony system or other VoIP system is a plus.
- Fluent in French and English. Dutch is a plus.
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and projects to optimize operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Desire to learn and readily embraces change.