System & Support Engineer in financial industry with excellent work-life balance benefits
Brussels – permanent internal position
Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
Their culture is centered around sharing which is fundamental to their cooperative organization.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea’s, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,…).
So, in order to support their infrastructure as well as their various projects, our client is in need an experienced and talented System & Support Engineer.
Your mission is to manage the operational platforms (hardware and software) and to analyze their operation on an ongoing basis in order to improve, make them more reliable and automate them.
To do this, you will have to carry out incident and problem management, technical analysis, programming and testing activities.
Field: IT production
Incident and problem management
· Continuously manage the operational platforms (hardware and software).
· Intervene at level 2 and/or 3 in the management of incidents and problems.
· During crisis management (priority 1 incidents), provide emergency solutions to ensure continuity of operations. Coordinate these actions with other entities.
· Monitor and document problems.
· Seek and implement sustainable solutions to ensure high availability of IT operations.
Implementation of solutions
o Assess the technical feasibility of the solutions to be implemented. Guarantee compliance with established standards.
o Carry out technical implementations on the basis of the functional files issued by the Change teams (analysts and developers).
o Be responsible for operational files. Incorporating and detailing, from start to finish, all operational processes. Federate all the associated documentation in order to be able to control all the IT applications delivered in production.
o Reviewing and ensuring the quality of software components designed by the developers.
o Participate in the technical and operational coordination of production deliveries (Release).
o Participate as a technical expert on the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
· Substantive operational tasks
· Master the environment (hardware and software) of IT operations.
· Manage purely operational platforms such as mainframes, OPCON/xps, EOM UNISYS (Depcon), STAR1100, XEROX (VIP Server, DocuSp, etc.), Biztalk (Receive port & send port), departmental printing (GDD), etc.
· Be responsible for the contingency plans (DRP) of the operational platforms and the related documentation.
· Ensure permanent coordination with the other IT teams.
· Write and maintain the associated documentation.
Domain: Specificities related to IT planning
– Create and coordinate IT production schedules with users. Ensuring that both technical and business requirements are met in order to guarantee users, both internal and external to Fédérale Assurance, the service requested within the agreed deadlines.
– Manage incidents related to the schedule, measure their impact and re-arrange the schedule as a matter of urgency and, if necessary, provide definitive solutions.
– Manage the daily schedule. Plan (integrate) work on specific requests.
– Participate in the technical and operational coordination of production deliveries (Release).
– Possess the expertise of the "Master Schedule" (Opcon) and develop the use of the tool. Maintain all the synoptic diagrams (VISIO organisation chart) of the batch applications and control the correct sequence of execution of the IT applications.
· Interest in training, coaching and mentoring colleagues.
· Ability to evolve in a constantly changing environment.
· Wish to continually progress, passion for continuous learning for oneself, others and the organisation.
· Ability to move from one subject to another in a hurry, to carry out several projects in parallel, allocating time appropriately between them according to their importance and priority.
· Able to continuously acquire the technical skills necessary to maintain expertise in the Infrastructure and Operations areas of the Run. This should allow him to be the backup for other colleagues.
· Certain expertise in the various purely operational platforms such as mainframes, OPCON/xps, EOM UNISYS (Depcon), STAR1100, XEROX (VIP Server, DocuSp, etc.), Biztalk (Receive port & send port), departmental printing (GDD), etc.
· Fluent in French and/or Dutch, both written and spoken. Technical English is a plus.
Offer of our client
· You will be part of their typical and specific company culture: employees and former employees appreciate the positive atmosphere and pleasant collegial way of working;
· You will work in their buildings full of character in the heart of Brussels, at the Grand Place, easily accessible by public transport (train, metro, bus), the Central Station is at a walk of a few minutes;
· You will receive an internal contract of unfixed duration on the direct payroll of our client. Moreover, you can count on an interesting salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurances, and, as an appreciation for your work, various tailor-made bonuses;
· You will have the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge thanks to our wide range of training courses;
· Our client attaches great importance to a good work-life balance for its employees;
· In short, a job at our client = Workplace happiness insured!
Interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Do not hesitate and apply now!