Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
They are active in the financial industry.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
Their culture is centered around sharing which is fundamental to their cooperative organization.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea’s, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,…).
Last year the company noticed that they need to invest more in digitalization to stay interesting and relevant for their clients.
Therefore they would like to launch a lot of new projects that will lead the company in the digital era.
To strengthen our “Business Intelligence Competence Center” department , we are currently looking for a
Developer SAS Viya
– As a developer SAS Viya you work within a data intelligence team on the development of a business intelligence and predictive analytic solution based on the SAS technology and you work within the Agile Scrum framework.
– You are responsible for the development of data marts and dashboards for professional teams that cover most of the company's services (actuarial services, back-offices, sales, marketing, finance , management, etc.).
– The architect and functional analyst will be involved in the functional study before implementation. You contribute to the breakdown of features in user stories , and to the preparation of models for dashboarding . For each iteration during the execution phase of the project you contribute to the refinement of the user stories .
– You manage all backlog items related to the development of data marts or dashboards. You actively contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinement, retrospectives, demos).
– You work closely with the professional teams , both when designing the dashboards and during the acceptance or training phase . You are the person's expectations of the business may surpass through dashboards to design these in an efficient, user-friendly and innovative way to the needs of the user's satisfaction . Profile
– You hold a university degree (computer scientist or civil engineer) and have at least two years of experience in developing dashboards based on data visualization tools , ideally SAS VA or SAS Viya .
– Ideally you have knowledge of the following technologies: SAS DI, SAS Entreprise Guide, SAS DDS for Insurance.
– You are constructive and pragmatic in solving problems and you are result-oriented .
– You are independent , but also able to work together within a transversal organization .
– You have excellent relational skills and are strongly focused on the internal customer .
– Finally, you have an good knowledge of French and/or Dutch and English .
– You are part of our typical and specific corporate culture: employees and former employees appreciate the positive atmosphere and pleasant collegial way of working .
– You will work in our character building in the heart of Brussels, featuring Grand Place and the Central Station within walking distance.
– You will receive a permanent contract. In addition, you can count on an interesting salary package with fringe benefits such as meal vouchers and insurance, and various tailor-made bonuses as appreciation for your work .
– You will have the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge with our wide range of courses .
– Our client attaches great importance to a good work- life balance for its employees. One day of teleworking per week is therefore provided for this position.
– In short: a job at our client: Work Happiness guaranteed!