Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
They are active in the financial industry.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
Their culture is centered around sharing which is fundamental to their cooperative organization.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea’s, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,…).
Last year the company noticed that they need to invest more in digitalization to stay interesting and relevant for their clients.
Therefore they would like to launch a lot of new projects that will lead the company in the digital era.
In order to strengthen our "Technology Department", we are currently looking for a
Data Scientist (m / f )
– As a data scientist , you work within a team developing a data intelligence solution for business intelligence and predictive analysis based on the art technologies SAS , R and Python, and working within the framework Agile Scrum .
– You will be responsible for studying the data in the possession of our client, internal or external, in order to answer questions or requirements of the various business bodies of the company.
– You will build algorithms and predictive models in order to anticipate the evolution of these data and trends relating to the activity of the company.
– You will model the results of data analysis and make them exploitable through the SAS Viya visualization tool .
– You will make recommendations to the business bodies involved in order to improve decision-making. To this end, you will be led to develop relevant metrics for decision-making.
– Upstream of the execution phase, you will be involved by the architect and the business analyst in the functional study. You will contribute to the breakdown of features into user stories, and the development of models when necessary . For each iteration during the execution phase of the project, you will help refine the user stories .
– You will manage all the elements of the backlog in your field of action . You will actively contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinement , retrospectives , demos) .
– You will be responsible for the quality of the code and its documentation .
– You will work in close collaboration with the business teams. You are the person who will be able to exceed business expectations by offering a solution that meets user needs in an efficient, user- friendly and innovative manner.
– You will participate in the promotion of the code in the different environments in collaboration with the release manager .
– You will actively collaborate with the run team and ensure their training before each release. You will provide post-production technical support.
– Holder of a university degree (computer scientist or civil engineer) in statistics or applied mathematics , you have at least two years of experience in data analysis, ideally in the insurance industry
– You have strong skills in programming, techniques and methods of statistics, machine learning , data mining and data visualization , and a good understanding of data structures
– You master the architecture of decision-making databases
– You ideally have knowledge in the following technologies : R, Python, SAS Viya or SAS Visual Analytics, SAS DI, SAS Entreprise Guide
– You are constructive and pragmatic in problem solving and are results oriented
– You demonstrate autonomy but be able to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
– You have strong interpersonal skills and a real sense of the internal customer
– You have a strong interest in digital culture
– You have a propensity for continuous updating
– Finally, you have an good knowledge of French and/or Dutch and English
-You will be part of our typical and specific corporate culture: our employees and former employees appreciate the positive and pleasant atmosphere and the collegial approach.
– You will work in our characteristic buildings in the heart of Brussels, near the Grand-Place and the central station .
– You will receive an indefinite contract. In addition, you can count on an attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurance, and as an appreciation for the work accomplished, various tailor-made bonuses .
– You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge thanks to our wide range of training courses .
– Conclusion: a job with our client is a guarantee for your happiness at work !