Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup – a world leader in employment services for over 70 years. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day. This is why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart. Experis IT specializes in recruitment and selection of IT profiles.
For our client located in Antwerp, we are looking for a:
AZURE DATA ENGINEER
The platform will significantly leverage Azure and SAP based data and analytics (cloud) technologies and infrastructure in order to support our business better in various projects and programs. (Business Intelligence, Self Service Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT, Streaming Data, Artificial Intelligence, Data science, Data Driven Process Integration…)
We are looking for an experienced Azure Data Engineer to build and maintain production-grade data pipelines according to the data platform standards and vision.
In order to secure our evolution towards the data-driven enterprise, we are looking for an Azure Data Engineer. As the need for data is increasing throughout the whole organization, the challenges to make our transactional, IoT and unstructured data available, in a consistent and governed way, are equally increasing. While the focus in the past has been oriented towards data-warehousing, we are now gearing towards a broad logical data layer that will become the new foundation for BI, Analytics, Data Science and operational data-services.
As Azure data engineer, you will build, configure, deploy and support a production-grade, scalable and secure data platform. On top of this platform, you will build and support long-term, production-grade data pipelines that ingest, store, transform, process and expose data from producer to consumer, based on business requirements.
Important areas of expertise are:
- Storage: Best of breed (Cloud) storage solutions, both for unstructured and structured data.
- Ingestion: Streaming and batch ingestion from source systems both in the cloud and on-premise, private and public.
- Transformation: Code-first big-data ELT vs. classic ETL
- Analytic engines: Deploy, configure and operationalize analytics engines and it’s clustered infrastructure
- Exposure/Integration: Expose data based on consumption use-cases like data science, (self-service) business analytics/intelligence and operational API’s
- Data Governance: Data cataloging, lineage, security, profiling and quality
- Data Platform: Health, logging, monitoring, debugging, automation
- Build production-grade data pipelines on a Azure-based data platform
- Provide and maintain technical documentation
- Train and handover common data engineering related maintenance and monitoring activities to a support organization
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support in a DevOps operational mode or when required (occasionally outside of office hours)
- Report on your activities, status, budget and timing to all stakeholders
- You have a Masters degree in ICT or equivalent.
- You have a passion for innovation and technologies, and strong technical skills.
- You are able to take ad-hoc developments to the next level, in order to make them long-term sustainable and production-ready.
- You have a “can-do” “hands-on” approach and are decisive. You are not afraid of making errors and are willing to learn by doing.
- You are a good communicator and are able to maintain excellent relationships with your stakeholders and colleague, however, are not afraid to challenge if necessary.
- You are flexible and prepared to work outside of business hours if required to meet a deadline.
- You are customer focused, enthusiastic and professional.
- You are proactive.
- You have very strong analytical skills
- You are result oriented and quality focused in terms of processes.
- You are stress-resistant.
We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow.