IntroductionOur client is a worldwide enterprise with more than 3,500 employees and more than 25 manufacturing plants in Canada, the United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Slovakia. The company ships their product to 96 countries around the globe.
They are a leader in the commercial roofing, insulation and waterproofing businesses in both North America and Europe. The company has production plants for industrial roofing membranes, liquid waterproofing products and polyisocyanurate (ISO/PIR) insulation on both sides of the Atlantic.
The client believes that long-term thinking frames our decision-making to help secure a brighter future, humility creates honest, open and respectful relationships among all and agility, combined with knowledge, helps them deliver sound decisions quickly.
FunctionThe IT department is looking for a passionate, inquisitive, detail oriented and customer focused Business Analyst to join our growing team in the European shared service center based in Antwerp and Ham.
A key goal in Global IT is successful collaboration with the key business leads and stakeholders to deliver on prioritized corporate initiatives. We strive to improve our processes regularly; utilizing new technologies, leading practices and experiences from our personnel.
The IT Business Analyst role will initially focus on a global ERP Deployment project working directly with key business leads to collect business requirements, prepare functional specifications, prototype defined functionality and assist in the overall organizational change associated with a global deployment. The underlying ERP platform is JD Edwards.
You will work closely with the ERP project leadership team, Business Process Owners, Business Analysts from other functions, and IT Management to ensure the project progresses along agreed timelines and meets the key business requirements and success criteria.
• Participate in the testing and acceptance of a new global ERP solution including documentation of user requirements, provide input into solution development, writing of test scripts and participation in test script execution, provide user training
• Participate on deployment of the global ERP solution
• Participate on future enhancement projects from conception to implementation including interacting with internal architects, and/or 3rd party Systems Integrators.
• Perform day-to-day troubleshooting and support of in house built and procured systems
• Develop/update materials for training end/key users; i.e. appropriate system process documentation, procedures and/or work instructions
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities
• Some travel within Europe locations and some limited to North America will be required
Requirements• 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, on large and complex technology projects preferably in the Manufacturing industry.
• Deep comprehension and experienced with Sales Order Entry, Customer Service, Order Fulfilment, Advanced Pricing, Rebates and Customer Master Data Management processes.
• Comprehension of Transportation Management and Logistics is an asset.
• Experienced with large ERP applications, preferably Oracle JD Edwards.
• Experienced with software development lifecycle methodology run projects from Requirement Gathering, Design, Testing, Documentation Training through Implementation and Post Live Support.
• Proven background with guiding business users on solutions leveraging industry best practices.
• Bachelor or University degree
• PMI-PBA certification is an asset
• Ability to present information clearly and concisely to different levels of the organization, written and verbal
• Collaboration facilitation skills e.g.: activity identification, process mapping, ideation, retrospective
• Business process flows and modelling
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities; changing course and direction as needed
• Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch is required. Knowledge of French or the ability to develop French.